Lip surgery is a surgical procedure to either increase or reduce the size of the lower and/or upper lip of the mouth.
CHEILOPLASTY: Are your lips too voluminous or too thin? In this case, you can undergo a corrective surgery to reduce or increase your lips.
GUMMY SMILE CORRECTION: if your gums are exposed because your upper lip is lifted too high when you smile, this procedure can offer a solution.
LIFTING THE UPPER LIP: with age the upper lip tends to droop and the red of the lips becomes narrower. This symptom of the aging process can be corrected with a simple “butterfly correction”.
How long does recovery last?
- Recovery time is approximately 10 days. Swelling will disappear completely.
Does surgery cause incapacity?
- Incapacity is reduced to five to seven days, depending on each patient.
Which care should be applied?
- Soft diet during 1 week
- Please ice during 20 minutes every hour over the lips
- Avoid exercising for 15 days
- Avoid contact with sunrays or solar lamps during 4 weeks
- Avoid bending down and picking up objects for 15 days
- Take all prescribed medicines
- Go to all medical controls
When are stitches removed?
- Stitches used in lip surgeries are internal. Internal stitches are dissolved without any prior notice
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish