Double chin surgery is a surgical procedure to remove the fat deposited under the jaw.
It lasts approximately 3 to 4 hours.
It is performed under general anesthesia and on an outpatient basis.
The procedure to reduce the double chin consists of a cut (incision) in the chin. This cut helps the surgeon to remove the extra fat placed in the mandibular arch.
The extra fat may be also removed by liposuction. If the patient is not young, the skin tends to be tightened by suture, which allows to give curvature to the neck skin and achieve the desired angle.
How long does recovery last?
• Recovery time is approximately 10 days. Swelling will disappear in approximately 1 to 2 months.
Does surgery cause incapacity?
• Incapacity is reduced to 2 days of absolute rest.
Which care should be applied?
• Nurse assistance during the first day of post-operative recovery.
• Wear an elastic band called chin guard
• Avoid exercising for 1 month
• Avoid bending down and picking up objects for 2 weeks
• Take all prescribed medicines
• Go to all medical controls and post-operative therapies
Which medicines are not allowed during the surgery?
• The patient should not be taking any blood thinners such as aspirin, ibuprofen, garlic pills, Vitamin E, gingo bilova, profenid, diclofenac, among others.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish