What is Lips Surgery?
Lip surgery is a surgical procedure to either increase or reduce the size of the lower and/or upper lip of the mouth.
Are your lips too voluminous or too thin? In this case, you can undergo a corrective surgery to reduce or increase your lips.
GUMMY SMILE CORRECTION:
If your gums are exposed because your upper lip is lifted too high when you smile, this procedure can offer a solution.
LIFTING THE UPPER LIP:
With age the upper lip tends to droop and the red of the lips becomes narrower. This symptom of the aging process can be corrected with a simple “butterfly correction”.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does recovery last?
Recovery time is approximately 10 days. Swelling will disappear completely.
Does surgery cause incapacity?
Incapacity is reduced to five to seven days, depending on each patient.
Which care should be applied?
- Soft diet during 1 week
- Please ice during 20 minutes every hour over the lips
- Avoid exercising for 15 days
- Avoid contact with sunrays or solar lamps during 4 weeks
- Avoid bending down and picking up objects for 15 days
- Take all prescribed medicines
- Go to all medical controls
When are stitches removed?
Stitches used in lip surgeries are internal. Internal stitches are dissolved without any prior notice