What is IPL –M22 used for?
This platform contains an IPL piece (Intense Pulsed Light), which is prescribed for aesthetical and cosmetic procedures such as:
- Epidermic injuries and benign pigmented cutaneous injuries such as dyschromia, hyperpigmentation, melasma, scars and stretch marks.
- Benign cutaneous injuries such as simple angiomas, hemangiomas, face and body telangiectasias, rosacea, angiomas and spider veins, Civatte’s poikiloderma.
- Reducing thermal injuries such as thermal necrosis, in the skin and in the skin structures not involved in the treatment during and/or associated with the light treatment, thus reducing the possible complications such as formation of scabs, scars, hyper and/or hypopigmentation.
- In common terms, this platform helps us to rejuvenate all the face and homogenize the skin color, by reducing some spots.
How many sessions do I need?
According to the injuries to be treated, but generally, an optimal result is achieved with two sessions.
Are there any side effects?
- Skin cancer or cancer history
- Any active infection
- lupus erythematosus, porphyria
- Light sensitivity
- Use of medicines which produce photophobia
- Immunosuppressant diseases such as AIDS, HIV infection or use of immunosuppressant medicines.
- Hormonal alterations or endocrines such as Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, diabetes, except if they are under control.
- Hemorrhagic Coagulopathy or use of anticoagulants
- Sunbathe in the last 3 weeks prior to the treatment.
- Type VI skin
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding.